Thursday, February 21, 2008

#15 Second Life (as if I need one!)

In thinking about this one I actually grimmaced at first. I have one of those inactive accounts in Second Life and do not care to actually try to remember my login and password. I heard about this a couple of years ago and tried it for a couple of months. What I accomplished was to not enjoy myself and to be hit upon by perfect strangers, much to my chagrin.

I do, however, now think there might be some good practical application for Second Life. I know at least one library has set themselves up in it and it has in return helped libraries collect fines, etc. I've recently heard about colleges and universities considering opening on Second Life for distance education and continuing education courses. This would be a great benefit for students world-wide. There are obviously many more applications to this world that may be very beneficial.

No comments: